Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Friday, July 2, 2010

Welcome Book Blog Hoppers

Every Friday Jennifer of Crazy For Books hosts The Book Blogger Hop-The Book Blogger Hop is a great chance to meet new to you bloggers, find some new blogs to follow and gain some great readers for your own blog.   Every week about 200 or so bloggers from all over the world participate.    I have found some excellent new blogs this way and gained some wonderful readers.    I will will follow anyone back who follows me as this is the best way to get to know about new to us blogs.

I started my blog a year ago so I could keep track of my reading, connect with others into the reading life all over the world and to learn about new books.    My blog for the last few months has been one third Asian literature, one third classics and one third short stories but I do read contemporary fiction also and even some YA once and a while.    I have various reading projects I am working on also.    My latest one is short stories by Australian writers of the 19th century.    

If you come to my blog via the hop please leave a comment so I can return the visit.    I  always return all follows.    If you are on Twitter and follow me (from my side bar button) I will return the follow

thanks for stopping by-if you have a suggestion for a short story I might like please  leave it in your comment.

Mel u

15 comments:

Unknown said...

You read so many books and authors that I've never even heard of. How do you find them ?

Jamie said...

Thanks for stopping by! I'm excited to follow your blog! :)

flanpnhfpnanfnFN said...

Hey thanks for stopping by the black fingernailed blogdom :) i like your blog and i followed-

Bailey said...

Thanks for checking out my blog! Have a good weekend.

Romy @ Lost.in.Stories said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I don't know of many Australian Bush Writers so your posts should be interesting.

Josette said...

Glad you started this blog. You read Katherine Mansfield and short stories. I have a lot to learn from you! :)

Badass Bookie said...

Hopping over via Hop! Lovely blog you have here! Sure to stop over some other time too! Have a lovely weekend! Happy Reading!

Best,
Lisa (Badass Bookie)xx
http://badassbookie.blogspot.com/

CarlyB said...

Hi! I found your blog through the Hop and I'm really glad I did because it's great :). I'm your latest follower so I'm sure I'll be back soon!
Have a lovely weekend,
Carly x.

http://carlybennett.blogspot.com

Melissa said...

Already following you via Google Reader (but just added myself as an "official follower") Stopping by from the Hop to say hi.

Melissa said...

I'm already a subscriber via Google Reader, but just added myself as a follower. Stopping by from the Hop to say hi!

youngbibliophile said...

I've been reading your blog for about a month and I really enjoy reading your short story reviews. I've learned a lot about literature from your blog. Happy reading this weekend!

Nora said...

Hi mel :)
Thanks for stopping by again :)
You're blog is looking awesome as always :)
Will be reading your latest post when I'm done replying to comments :)

Anonymous said...

I found you via twitter (not the hop) but your blog is perfect! So glad I came across it... I'm a massive fan of Japanese literature and I absolutely adore the authors you write about.

Funnily enough I was getting ready to publish a blog post about Katherine Mansfield and Du Maurier when I saw you were a fan of them.

I'm def going to be coming back here again. Must join this blog hopper party!

Zee.

p.s. do you mind if I add you to my blogroll?

Unknown said...

PS - your purrbabies are simply adorable! I'm happy to meet another feline fancier!

Unknown said...

I'm stopping by to invite you to come check out my new and improved blog page, and hopefully follow as well! I'm starting all over again, and would love to see my old friends following my new page, and new friends, too!

Hugs~
Crazy Cat Lady
http://crzycatladyslibrary.blogspot.com/