Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Saturday, January 24, 2015

"The Insufferable Gaucho" by Roberto Bolano (October 7, 2007, in The New Yorker)





So far I have read four novels by Roberto Bolano and several short stories.  2666 and Savage Poets I read before I began my blog.  I have posted on his marvelous Nazi Literature in the Americas and By Night in Chile.   

"The Insufferable Goucho" shows just how tremendously talented Bolano was.  In just a few pages he transorms a distinguished very refined judge living in an elegant house in Buenas Aires into an old goucho barely recognizable to his old associates.  It also chronicles terrible post Peron fall in the Argentine economy.  

Mel u

No comments: