Short Stories, Irish literature, Classics, Modern Fiction, Contemporary Literary Fiction, The Japanese Novel, Post Colonial Asian Fiction, The Legacy of the Austro-Hungarian Empire and quality Historical Novels are Among my Interests








Saturday, April 1, 2017

The Reading Life Review - March, 2017






There are now 3014 posts online

The Reading Life has had 4,534,646 hits

The top countries of origin for March were

USA, The Philippines, Russia, India and Belgium

The Russian hits were from bots, once or twice a month they inundate the blog, why I am not yet clear.

Normally in March I have focused on Irish Short Stories, this year I did not.  I still love this reading area and will return to it.

Works I read but did not post upon

"The Lady of the House of Love" by Angela Carter. From The Bloody Chamber

"Glory" by Lesley Nneka Arimah. A 2017 O Henry Prize Story.  I will post on her work soon

The Shadow in the Garden A Biographer's Tale by James Atlas.

Literary Biographies



I read two first rate just published literary biographies, one on Angela Carter and another on Elizabeth Bishop.  I will be reading more.

Novels

Brave New World by Aldous Huxley, a reread after fifty years

Coco Chanel by C. W. Gortner-a very well done literary treatment of her life




Buried in Print is conducting a read through of the short stories of Mavis Gallant.  I read for this a great story "The Other Paris".

I give my humble thanks to those who have left comments.  It means a great deal to me.

Mel u

2 comments:

Mudpuddle said...

interesting and eclectic omissions: you're posts open a different window than i'm used to... tx for that...

Suko said...

Mel, you continue to inspire me to read and to blog. Excellent job in March!